The exercise bike is one of the main sports simulators that allows you to quickly tone all major muscle groups. He fully imitates riding an ordinary bicycle. A huge amount of these models of the most modern type is presented on the market – thanks to adjusting the settings, you can make the training more efficient and perfect, most of them have the ability to change loads, measure heart rate and other important parameters of the human body.
In sports stores you can find a large number of exercise bikes, which seriously differ from each other in functionality, appearance and other key parameters. Therefore, before starting our review of the best models of 2022 exercise bikes, we decided to give the main points that should be focused on when acquiring this design.
When compiling our rating of the best exercise bikes, we took into account all the factors, paid attention to user reviews and professional fitness trainers. In addition, value for money is also reflected in our review. So, it’s time to go on to consider specific models.
What exercise bike is better to buy?
The most basic thing in choosing a recumbent exercise bike for home is probably the purpose of training, from which will depend on the type and function of the device itself. This is followed by the dimensions of the simulator, the desired budget and the comfort of use (both physical and the presence of extraneous noise). The presence of various entertaining features will certainly be nice, but should not be the key in choosing a home “bike”.
But there are some other subtleties that you should also pay attention to:
The weight of the exercise bike.
The lighter it is, the more mobile it is within the room, but the more difficult it is to work on it. It is worth giving preference to more stable models, and if you plan to move it periodically, then pay attention to the presence of wheels.
It is necessarily necessary to consider the maximum possible load weight of the simulator.
Material of details.
This applies to the adjustable parts of the seat, for example. Metal will last much longer than plastic regulators. But this does not apply to the elements of the body or the decor of the model.
QUICK PICKS BY CONSUMER RATINGS & REPORTS
The Best Recumbent Exercise Bikes Consumer Report
1. The Exerputic Folding Magnetic Upright Exercise Bike With Pulse
This bike is the perfect option for anyone, no matter the size of your home, or your available space, this exercise bike can work for you. It can support up to 300lbs and adjusts to accommodate anyone from 5 feet 3 inches tall to 6 feet 1 inch tall, it even comes equipped with transportation wheels, to make storing it a simple task.
The bikes 8 setting magnetic tension system allows you to easily adjust the peddling difficulty, so your workout suits your specific needs. Whether you want a intense, physically demanding workout, or a quick and easy one, this exercise bike can deliver it. It will allow you to get in shape in the privacy of your own home, with no gym membership fees or gawkers.
Perhaps the best thing about the Exerputic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike With Pulse is that it folds. This makes it a viable option for anyone in any size home. It can easily be folded and stored in a medium sized closet, or even set aside out of the way in a corner. Those arenвЂ™t the only great features this equipment has to offer. Along with its easy storage features it also comes with a hand pulse heart rate monitor, that displays your current heart rate clearly on the bikeвЂ™s screen for you to see.
- Easy Storage вЂ“ It is easy to fold and store due to compact design and convenient transportation wheels
- High Weight Capacity вЂ“ It accommodates up to 300lbs of weight
- Adjustable вЂ“ It can easily be adjusted to suit anyone from 5вЂ™3 inches tall to 6вЂ™1 inches tall
- Multiple Workout Intensities вЂ“ Magnetic tension adjuster easily allows you to choose your workout intensity.
- Comfortable Seat вЂ“ The large padded seat allows for a comfortable workout, with no bothersome and sore pressure spots.
- Heart Rate Monitor вЂ“ Easily track your heart rate with the included heart rate monitor and view data on screen.
2. Sunny Health and Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Exercise Bike
This would be an ideal bike for people with adequate space, who prefer the durability of the bike over the functionality. It is a standard style exercise bike and would be a good fit for homes with adequate room. It is a little more heavy duty than the previously listed bike, with its 40lb flywheel and enforced crank. It has a lower weight capacity however, supporting only up to 275lbs.
This bike lacks the fold-able storage option, however it does have transportation wheels to make moving it easier. Assembly is required when you purchase this exercise bike. It also lacks a display, making it impossible to know your speed or distance, although heart rate and calories burned can be calculated with other devices. For people wanting to see data from their workouts there are better options on our list.
- Adjustable Seat and Handle Bars вЂ“ The adjust-ability of this bike makes it suitable to a large variety of user heights
- Heavy Duty вЂ“ It has a reinforced fly wheel and crank
- Transport Wheels вЂ“ Transport wheels make moving the bike easy
- Supports up to 275lbs
3. The Exerputic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike
It has a decent comfort level, with a large padded seat, as well as a padded semi reclined backrest for added support. It can accommodate users up to 300lbs, making it safe to use for almost anyone. An easy to read LCD display, shows you your heart rate, distance traveled, calories burned, and speed clear crisp detail. Keeping track of your progress is as simple as glancing at the display.
The Exerputic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike also comes with a folding option for storage, making it a good option for people with limited space availability. ItвЂ™s recumbent design allows you to easily mount and un-mount the bike. Besides its storage features it also comes with precision balanced fly wheel and 8 magnetic tension adjustments. Choosing your workout intensity with this bike is an easy task. It would be a great investment for people with limited space, looking for a recumbent style bike, rather than a standard style.
- Fold-able and Compact вЂ“ It is easy to store out of the way.
- Quit вЂ“ The V-belt double drive transmission system reduces the machines noise.
- Adjustable Workout Intensity вЂ“ Choose from 8 tension levels to customize your workout
- Crisp Clear Display вЂ“ The LCD Screen displays your speed, distance, heart rate and calories for you
- High Weight Capacity вЂ“ It can support persons up to 300lbs
- Semi Recumbent Design вЂ“ The padded reclined seat and backrest positioning make using this bike easier
4. Exerputic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike With Pulse
Recumbent stationary bike offers challenging cardiovascular workout while minimizing stress on your joints and back. Adjustable height. It also has a large easy to read LCD display and can accommodate any person from 63lbs up to 300lbs. With its 22 inch width, 34 inch height and 54 inch length its still fairly easy to find space for in your home. Its 8 level magnetic tension control allows work out intensity to be easily adjusted to your preferences.
The Exerputic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike With Pulse is a good option for people with a little more in home space. It doesnвЂ™t fold and requires dismantling to store, however this is a great exercise bike for people with the space to use it. ItвЂ™s crisp clear display offers heart rate, speed, calories burned and distance information.
- Recumbent Style Bike вЂ“ It allows for a demanding workout while offering support to bones and joints
- Adjustable Workout Intensity вЂ“ Allows for a customized workout experience
- Large LCD Display вЂ“ ItвЂ™s easy to view important data while exercising
- Relatively compact size вЂ“ Its fairly small size makes up for its lack of easy storage
5. The FitDesk v2.0 Desk Exercise Bike With Massage
This bike would be perfect for anyone looking to fit exercise into their daily routine, without their productivity dropping. With its included desk, you can easily use a laptop while exercising. It also boasts a lot more features, making it a very innovative option. It is durable and sturdy, featuring a 2-way design allowing it to be used as a recumbent or stationary bike.
This bike is a little different form anything else on our list. It combines exercise and productivity in a whole new way. It tracks heart rate, speed, distance and calories burned, giving you data about your work out in real time. Its easy fold option allows for quick storage, allowing it to be used just about anywhere in your home.
- Fold-able вЂ“ its quick fold design allows for easy storage
- Work while exercising вЂ“ its built in desk allows you to easily work while working out
- Fully adjustable вЂ“ adjustable seat and handle bars allow you to use this as an upright, or recumbent bike
- LCD Display вЂ“ The LCD display keeps track of important data about your workout
Rating of The Best Exercise Bikes For 2022
The Exerputic Folding Magnetic Upright Bike With Pulse
Sunny Health and Fitness Pro Indoor Cycling Bike
The Exerputic 400XL Folding Recumbent Bike
Exerputic 900XL Extended Capacity Recumbent Bike With Pulse
The FitDesk v2.0 Desk Exercise Bike With Massage
How to choose the right exercise bike?
As soon as you decide on the question – which exercise bike to choose, the following nuances arise that require a balanced decision:
- Pay attention to the seat anchorage system and the adjustment system: the more plastic parts you see, the less the exercise bike will last you. This is dictated by the fact that plastic is not able to withstand high loads for a long time and, as a result, will burst. Plastic handles and decorative elements do not count;
- match the seat to your height. They are hard and soft, wide and narrow, with or without backs. Exercise bikes are divided into two types: vertical and horizontal.
Choosing an exercise bike according to technical data
- Upright Trainers: The seat is located above the pedals to simulate a regular bicycle. They take up less space, are more compact, lighter and cheaper.
- Recumbent Trainers: Designed for non-cycling athletes who use an exercise bike as an alternative to the leg press. They give a powerful load to the hips due to the fact that the pedals are located at the same height as the seat. It is this design that relieves the load on the back. Exercise machines take up more space and are quite expensive, but for a bodybuilder such a machine at home is a dream.
See if the exercise bike has a heart rate monitor, a sensor for measuring speed and distance, calories burned, and similar functions. Advanced models are equipped with additional features and training programs. Some models have a built-in player and other accessories.
Exercise bike loading system
There are three types:
- mechanical – braking is carried out due to the work of pure mechanics. The tighter the belt tension and the compression of the flywheel, the higher the load. This system is the cheapest, but extremely heavy, noisy and subject to catastrophic wear. It will have to be repaired once a year, no less often;
- magnetic – an ideal braking system that works due to the magnetic field arising from your own actions. Quiet, lightweight, easy to disassemble, but it costs three to four times more than a mechanical one;
- electromagnetic – professional braking system based on magnetic, but requires connection from the mains. A durable system that can withstand enormous loads.
How to choose an exercise bike for your home?
You need to buy an exercise bike one that suits your goals.
Are you a professional athlete who buys a simulator to avoid going to the gym again? Then you have to fork out and choose an expensive, functional model. If you just want to lose weight and strengthen your body, a regular exercise bike with a mechanical braking system is fine. If you have nervous system problems, choose an exercise bike with a magnetic load system that does not rattle as you pedal. Consider every little thing, so that later you do not regret your choice.
Which exercise bike to choose for your home?
Answer the questions for yourself:
- space issue: how big are you willing to occupy your apartment
- an exercise bike? Write down the minimum and maximum;
- the question of money: how much are you willing to pay;
- a question of comfort: how important is noise during exercise to you? Write your preference in choosing between mechanical and magnetic models;
- Functionality question: What would you like to see in your exercise bike – heart rate monitor, bottle holder, MP3 player? Write down the minimum amount of functions you need and mark the ones you can do without.
Here is our review of the best exercise bikes has come to its logical conclusion. For each model, we tried to collect as much information as possible so that you can quickly and easily conclude for yourself whether it is suitable for you or whether it is worth finding another simulator.